This was the very first true project I completed. I had only been turning a few days. It's turned from 3x3 White Oak that I bought at Lowe's.
This was my second attempt at a Christmas Ornament. I turned this out of a piece of Ash firewood.
This ornament was turned from a mystery wood that came in a grab bag of various woods from Woodcraft. If anyone can identify this wook please let me know as I had a terrible allergic reaction to it. It's a very pretty wood, but I'd like to avoid it in the future.
These two ornaments I turned on the same day. They were turned from Maple with Walnut dowl inserts.
Turned these two ornaments within days of each other. They are both from the same piece of Marblewood.
These four snowmen ornaments were turned out of Pine kindling bought at my local Kroger grocery store. The beads and eyes were bought a JoAnn's. The top hats are stained with some Walnut colored stain.
These were my first attempt at using separate parts to create a single ornament. The light wood is Maple, and the darker, striped parts are Bocote.
Turned this ornament out of some Satine (bloodwood). This was my first attempt at some detail work on the lower finial.
Turned this three part ornament out of some wood from a "grab bag" of 3x3 inch stock. None of the wood was labled so I'm not sure what the wood is. But the darker wood has a reddish tint to it and was much lighter before I put the finish on it. Ornament #13 from above is in the background.
The dark red wood is desert eucalyptus and the lighter wood is a mystery wood that came in a grab bag of wood. I turned this to add to the Smoky Mountain Woodturners' Christmas Tree for the Festival of Trees here in Knoxville.
This was my first attempt at an "inside out" turning. I used four pen blanks and temporarily glued them with super glue and turned the "inside". Then I reversed all the peices and glued them permanently with wood glue to finish the outside.